BE ABOVE AVERAGE
YP Cheong & Co (“the Firm”) was founded by Ms YP Cheong, after which the Firm is named.
Ms YP Cheong @ Cheong Yoke Ping, LLB, Hons, University of Malaya, was called to the Bar in January 1980 and has been in active practice as an advocate and solicitor for more than 30 years. Ms YP Cheong is one of the 3-member consultant tasked with the drafting the Strata Management Act 2013 (Act 757) and Regulations.
The Firm specialises in corporate, intellectual property, conveyancing (properties), strata management and probate and administration work. The Firm also engages in general legal work.
Ms YP Cheong is an active member of the Conveyancing Practice Committee (“CPC”) and represents the Bar Council, Malaysia in meetings with the following:
- Inland Revenue Department (Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri) – issues on stamp duty
- Royal Customs Department – issues on GST
- Director General of Land and Mines – land matters
- Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government
- Selangor and Wilayand Land Registries
- PEMUDAH Focus Group on Registering Property
She is the Chairperson of the subcommittee of CPC on matters involving Stamp Duty and GST for the year 2017-2018.
Our principal and founder, Ms YP Cheong, has to date, more than 38 years continuous practice as an advocate and solicitor. She is passionate about professional legal practice and imparting of knowledge to others. She is ably assisted by a team of professionals and paralegals whom she has trained personally.