MEMBERSHIP – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Registered member (Advocate & Solicitor) of the Bar Council, Malaysia
- Member of Conveyancing Practice Committee of Bar Council, Malaysia
- Member of Intellectual Property Committee of Bar Council, Malaysia)
- Registered Trade Mark Agent and Industrial Design Agent with MyIPO (Malaysian Intellectual Property Office)
- Member of the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
- Member of Asean Patent Attorneys Association
- Vice President of Licensing Executives Society (LES) Malaysia (2000-2001), the Malaysian Chapter of LES International. LES Malaysia functions as a non-profit professional and educational society specialising in intellectual property rights, branding, licensing and other transfer of technology
BAR COUNCIL CONVEYANCING COMMITTEE (CPC)
- Member of CPC representing all lawyers of Peninsular Malaysia
- Head of Sub-Committee of CPC (Stamp Duty and GST)(2017-2018)
- Member of Sub-Committee of CPC on liaison with Ministry of Urban Wellbeing,Housing and Local Government (KPKT)
- Member of Sub-Committee on liaison with Wilayah Persekutuan and Selangor LandOffices
- Member of Sub-Committee on liaison with Jabatan Ketua Pengarah Tanan & Galian(Office of Director of Land and Mines)
- Working Group Committee on queries how to charge professional fees for security orfinancing documents and related matters under Solicitors Remuneration Order (SRO)
- Working Group Committee on Solicitors’ Accounts Rules 1990 Review
CONSULTANCY WORK FOR GOVERNMENT (MINISTRY OF URBAN WELLBEING, HOUSING AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT )
Ms YP Cheong was of the representatives of the Bar Council advising the then Ministry of Housing on the drafting of the new Strata Management Act 2013.
She was also one of the 3 consultants to the Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Ministry of Malaysia for drafting the Regulations to the Strata Management Act.
She also represented the Bar Council at meetings with the Director of Land and Mines on implementation of the Strata Titles Board including drafting Rules (December 2009 onwards).
REPRESENTATIVE OF BAR COUNCIL TO MINISTRY OF HOUSING
- Representative of Bar Council, Malaysia to Working Group of Ministry of Housing to
draft Regulations to the Building and Common Property (Maintenance &
Management) Act 2007 (“BCP Act”)
- Monitor and analyse legislation on housing and commercial development – Housing
Development (Control & Licensing) Act 1966 and Amendment Act 2007; Strata Titles
Amendment Act 2007, National Land Code and related legislation.
- In relation to BCP Act, monitor, analyse, compare with other legislation and draft
Regulations for General Meetings, AGM; deposit payable by Developers; Compound
Fines, etc (Ongoing as at the date of this CV)